Congratulations to the following Pacers for earning USA Water Polo 2017-2018 Academic All-American status
Huntington Beach, CA – September 5 – USA Water Polo is proud to announce the 2017-2018 Academic All-Americans. Congratulations to all the athletes recognized for their hard work in the classroom. Student-athletes needed a 3.6 GPA on a scale of 4.0 to qualify, those that received a 4.0 GPA were honored as outstanding achievers.
Abigail DeBrine Willamette Valley Water Polo
Thomas Gooding Tualatin Hills Water Polo Club
Grant Lautze Tualatin Hills Water Polo Club
Mitchell Parker Willamette Valley Water Polo
All four athletes were recognized as Outstanding Achievers with a 4.0 GPA.
1. Must have completed the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during Spring of 2018
2. Be a current USA Water Polo athlete member (gold) for the 2018 membership season
3. Competed in a USA Water Polo National Event or National Event Qualifier
4. Must have a 3.60 grade point average on a 4.00 scale (weighted) for entire 2017-2018 academic year – we do not round up to a 3.6 or a 4.0 rather only accept a 3.60 or higher and 4.00 or higher for the “outstanding honors.”
5. Weighted GPA is calculated on a 5 point scale.
6. GPA is weighted and calculated using the following academic subjects: History/Social Science, English, Mathematics, Laboratory Science, Foreign Language, and Computer Science
7. Not accepted: Fine Arts, Electives, Health, Physical Education or Sport ex. (Music, Journalism, Photography, Culinary Arts, Drivers Education, etc.)
8. Not accepted: any College courses or credits.